There are many reasons for the complete removal of a tree, whether it be a dangerous tree that is diseased, dying, subject to hazardous splits or cavities or simply that it is in the wrong place for someone.
Depending on the surroundings there are various ways a tree surgeon may take down a tree, if it has plenty of room around it we can look at felling it from the ground in a controlled and safe manor or if it is in a tight spot we can climb and remove it in smaller sections.
Crown thinning is a good way to let light in to the crown of a tree and is used quite regularly on fruiting trees as these types of trees benefit from having an open sparse crown and tend to get a better crop of fruit due to this.
When a tree has a crown thinned a tree surgeon will also tend to remove any crossing or rubbing branches as these branches will rub on each other creating wounds, however if these crossing branches are using each other as support it is advised to leave them as it may cause more harm than good.
We crown lift trees to let light in underneath the tree, so if you have smaller shrubs of even other trees under a large tree that are not doing particularly well due to lack of light we can lift the crown up to let the light under.
The main reason people tend to reduce the crown of the tree is to gain more light into their garden. However, people may wish to reduce a tree to minimise the risk of failure, if a large tree has a dense crown this can act as a sail during windy weather and put stress on unions further down the tree.
Later on this may lead to failure of certain branches or even the main trunk. Reducing the crown even by a small amount will dramatically minimise the sail effect this has on the tree.
Hedges are often an appealing boundary marker they attract wildlife, prevent noise and offer a level of privacy. We would always encourage our clients to maintain their hedges and offer a hedge trimming service. However we appreciate that hedges do require a lot of attention and for whatever reason you may prefer an alternative option such as a fence or screen.
Should you require your hedge trimmed, we are able to do this for you.
If you have a garden that is overgrown with shrubs and trees you may require a clearance. This process involves the clearing of trees and shrubs in order for other works to be carried out such as a garden redesign.
At present we can only remove small trees
Please get in touch for an initial consultation and no obligation quote.
1. The service provider and any designated subcontractors agree to perform all tasks in a competent manner conforming to relevant industry guide-lines and any other applicable standards and in accordance with the quotation and specification supplied by Woodhead Eco Trees (WET)
2. Payment Terms
Contracting - Payment is due upon completion of the specification, OR 30 day account. Applications for 30 day credit accounts must be made prior to commencement of the contract. Quotations do not include VAT which is charged at 20%. Queries/complaints should be notified to the service provider within 7 days of the invoice date, if not sooner.
Overdue accounts are subject to compound interest at 4% per month upon the balance outstanding. In the event that it is necessary to recover any outstanding fees from the client(s), the client(s) will fully reimburse any costs and expenses incurred during the recovery period, including legal and court costs. Woodhead Eco Trees reserves the right to make a charge for every letter or replacement invoice sent and every telephone or visit made in connection with the recovery as per our current scale of charges.
3. All projects will be subject to a risk assessment, this can include taking into consideration a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). Any tree can have a TPO. No pruning, shaping, cutting, removing or felling can be done on a tree with a TPO. The same applies to trees in a conservation area. Consent must be gained from the local planning department before any work can be carried out. Applications can take up to 6 weeks.
3.1 Cutting down protected trees is a criminal offence. If upon acceptance of a quotation the client or landowner requires us to check with the Local Planning Authority (LPA) on their behalf to ensure that the trees are not the subject of any planning restrictions (or Tree Protection Order or TPO), the various stages of the checking process and our charges for those stages are:
3.2 MAKE AN INITIAL PLANNING SEARCH on behalf of the client £20.00
Our client must take full responsibility for, and indemnify us against, all fines and costs arising from breach of any planning restrictions, tree conservation or preservation orders unless we process the formal application for tree works.
4. The service provider will not be liable in damages or otherwise because of non-performance of a contract arising on account of adverse weather conditions, strikes, civil war or civil commotion, or lack of adequate labour beyond our control. Further we retain the right in such circumstances to cancel the contract in whole or part. Completion dates shall be subject to weather conditions. Attendance dates are approximate, cancellation of a contract should be in writing prior to commencement
5. The landowner is responsible for damage and injury resulting from damage to underground or any hidden/obscured service or other obstructions where their presence and route is not clearly marked and indicated to the service provider together with depth, height, nature of the hazard and dimensions.
6. Charges received for the removal of power or telephone cables, services or infrastructures are the responsibility of the owner, unless included in the quotation.
7. Quotations for felling exclude stump removal unless specifically requested and stated otherwise on the quotation. We always assume that the trees are free from metal, stone, nails or any other hidden objects unless we are informed otherwise. In the event of a tree being difficult to fell with a chainsaw, the service provider reserves the right to charge for additional man-hours and replacement of equipment or parts damage. Current Arb team rates are £30.00 per man hour + VAT from arrival on site to return to base. Office and secretarial staff man hours are charged out at £20.00 per man hour + VAT.
8. The contract price is based on site conditions existing at the time of the quotation remaining unchanged and is valid for 3 months from the date of the quotation.
9. Reports, surveys, booklets, designs and specifications are the intellectual property and copyright © of Woodhead Eco Trees and cannot not be copied or formally distributed to third parties without the written permission of Robert Woodhead and payment of any fees relating to its production.
10. A job or survey is carried out on the basis that the land or property is not on the Contaminated Land Register (if it comes into effect), we request full information of, and exclude liability for claims arising from, pollution or contamination of any kind.
11. Investigations of private covenants shall be the responsibility of the landowner and no liability shall attach itself to Woodhead Eco Trees for a breach of such covenant.
14. Hazard evaluation studies (HES) are included as part of the survey/report and information is compiled using the following data:- the tree species current physiological condition, tree species potential for failure, the particular trees history of failure, the size of the part most likely to fail and the target most likely affected by such failure.
15. Charges received and/or lost time spent dealing with dealing with hazardous insects, i.e.: wasps, hornets, bees etc. is to be the responsibility of the landowner.
16. All WET contracts carried out by the service provider or WET designated sub-contractors is covered by a £1,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
17. Only contracts agreed with Woodhead Eco Trees are covered by any of our comprehensive insurance.
18. We have no information as to the structural integrity of either the main structure or drainage system. Drainage/water supply systems, if damaged, can allow roots to penetrate. If the system is sound or after repair, roots have little capacity to access/damage underground services. A drainage expert can give more advice.
19. It is the responsibility of the landowner to insure the safety of anybody using timber garden products and `Activity Landscaping Features'. Woodchip wear surfaces should be maintained at 100mm depth as a minimum or as recommended by suppliers and EC rules. A full list of terms and conditions relating to `Environmental and Activity Landscaping projects' is supplied with the "Activity Landscaping Design Guidance Booklet".
20. WET reserves the right to sub-contract any services pursuant to this agreement to their nominated sub-contractors provided that all payments made hereunder shall be made directly and exclusively to WET who shall provide receipted invoices. WET standards of work, Health and Safety policy and methodologies will be applied by all subcontractors. Within 2 years of the last contract placed with Woodhead Eco Trees, no inducements or separate agreements and contracts may be made between Clients of Woodhead Eco Trees, it's subcontractors and employees.
21. When appointing a Tree Surgeon, please use only properly qualified and experienced companies and always check that they carry Public and Products Liability Insurance with a minimum £1 million cover and the relevant Employers Liability Insurance.
22. Contracts undertaken on a man hourly basis are calculated from our arrival on site to our return to base (or arrival at the next site).
23. All trees should be checked periodically to assess the impact and significance of any physiological or environmental changes.
24. All goods will remain the property of WET until paid for in full and we reserve the right to enter a property where our goods are stored to retrieve them if that should prove necessary.
25. All work will be subject to a risk assessment agreed and signed by both WET and the client
If a complaint arises from the work performed under any contract it must be made as soon as reasonably possible after the date the contract is completed, unless agreed in writing.
27. Underground Services
Unless a plan showing the exact location of underground pipes, wires or cables has been forwarded to us by the owner of the land prior to the formation of the contract, the contractor shall be under no liability for any damages caused as a result of work performed under the contract to such pipes, wires or cables, or any damage to the property resulting there-from and the owner of the land or his agent shall be solely liable for such damage.
28. Powerlines & Telephone Cables
Unless agreed in writing with the contractor, any charge for the removal or power lines or telephone cables to the responsibility of the owner.
29. Removal of Debris
The debris from any tree work as per the quotation, either stacking, complete removal or chipping on site. Where debris has to be removed from the property through a house, while the company employees will take great care, it is the clients responsibility to provide adequate protection for the internal furnishings. The company cannot be held liable to damage caused to unprotected areas.
30. Completion of Contract
WET will not be held viable for damages or otherwise because of non performance of contract due to extreme weather conditions, strikes, lock outs, war, civil commotion or lack of skilled workers due to reasons beyond our control. We retain the right to cancel work. completion of work will be due to weather conditions
31. Expiry of Quotation
3 months after submission date of quotation WET reserves the right to re-price the work, unless it has been otherwise agreed in writing. Upon acceptance of the contract the agreed price will remain as per quotation until the work has been completed.
32. Hidden Obstructions
The quotation is based on the tree being free from metal, stone or other hide obstructions. If the tree cannot be felled using normal arboricultural methods, the contractor reserves the rights to re- quote accordingly.
33. Private Covenant
It is the responsibility of the the owner for the investigation of a private covenant and no liability shall attach to the contractor for the breach of any such covenant.
Copyright © 2018 Woodhead Eco Trees - All Rights Reserved.